EFSEO - Easy Frontend SEO

Individual Tax Returns

In most of the situations you are able to claim a work expense as long as it was incurred in context of income producing activities, is not private in nature and you have a receipt of written evidence to substantiate the claim.

Some of the deductions available specifically for the adult industry are as below:


  • Advertising Costs.
  • Clothing costs for the items of clothing used solely for work such as lingerie and costumes.
  • Consumables for instance condoms, tissues, gels, oils and lubricants.
  • Cosmetics for stage make up including make-up removing products as well as hair care solely for income activities such as wigs etc.
  • Dance lessons to keep up with existing dance skills or new skills.
  • Tools & equipment such as adult novelties, fetish equipment including the repairs & maintenance of such items. 

Unsure about what you can claim in your industry? Call one of our expert Cranbourne tax agents or Cranbourne accountants on 1300 300 106 to discuss it.

Below is the checklist with the information your tax gent will need you to bring to assist in preparing your income tax return.  



  •     payment summaries or group certificates for salary and wages;
  •     lump sum and termination payments;
  •     government pensions and allowances;
  •     other pensions and/or annuities;
  •     allowances (e.g., entertainment, car, tools);
  •     interest, rent and dividends;
  •     partnerships or trusts distributions;
  •     details of assets sold that were either used for income earning purposes or which may trigger capital gains tax (CGT).

Deductions (in addition to those mentioned above):


  •     award transport allowance claims;
  •     bank and government fees  for deposits of income, and deductible expenditure;
  •     bridge/road tolls (travelling on business);
  •     car parking (when travelling on business);
  •     conventions, conferences and seminars;
  •     depreciation of library, tools, business equipment (incl. portion of home computer);
  •     gifts or donations;
  •     home office running expenses:
  1.         cleaning
  2.         cooling and heating
  3.         depreciation of office furniture
  4.         lighting
  5.         telephone and internet;
  •   interest and dividend deductions:
    1.         account keeping fees
    2.         ongoing management fees
    3.         interest on borrowings to purchase shares
    4.         advice relating to changing investments (but not setting them up);
  •     interest on loans for equipment purchase or income-earning investments;
  •     motor vehicle expenses (business/work related);
  •     overtime meal allowances;
  •     rental property expenses – including:
    1.         advertising expenses
    2.         council/water rates
    3.         insurance
    4.         interest
    5.         land tax
    6.         legal expenses/management fees
    7.         genuine repairs and maintenance
    8.         telephone expenses
    9.         travelling to inspect property;
  •     superannuation contribution by a sole trader or substantially unsupported taxpayers;
  •               sun protection items;
  •     tax agent fees;
  •     telephone expenses (business);
  •     tools of trade.

Call Tax Accountants Cranbourne at 1300 300 106 for further information.

As a Tax Agent Cranbourne often we get clients asking how to determine if a particular expense is a work related deduction. There are 2 basic rules to determine:

Did you incur the expense? If yes, then go to the next question.

Is the expense work related i.e. would you have had that expense if it wasn’t for your occupation? If the answer is Yes it is work related, then it can be claimed as a deduction.

Please ensure you keep a copy of records to substantiate the claims. These can include invoices or written evidence of your expenses, bank statements, diary record, itemised phone bills and details of equipment usage.

There are some industry specific work related deductions that can be claimed in your line of work such as:


  • Sunglasses, sunscreen if you spend a lot of time outdoor while on work such As Builders, Day Care Workers and Landscapers etc.
  • Cost of making up for cash/bar shortages in Hospitality Industry.
  • Fitness expenses for eligible Defence Force Personnel, Trainers etc.
  • Pay TV, New Subscriptions etc for Journalists.
  • Barrister robes and wigs for Lawyers.
  • Cookbooks for Chefs.

There might be expenses specific to your industry which you could be unaware of, Contact Cranbourne tax agents and Cranbourne tax accountants today on 1300 300 106 for our expert Tax Agent Cranbourne Services to maximise your tax refund.

Has your tax agent advised you what you can and cannot claim as a uniform expense?

You are able to claim a tax deduction for the expense of purchasing and cleaning occupation-specific apparel, protective clothes as well as, unique uniforms.

For a tax deduction you need to have written proof that you bought the clothes and journal records or written proof of your laundry expenses.

Occupation-specific uniform

You are able to claim a tax deduction for clothes which are unique for your profession, not day-to-day by nature and enables the general public to conveniently identify your profession - for example the checked trousers a chef would wear.

Protective uniform

You are able to claim for clothes and shoes which you wear to protect yourself from the risk of illness or injuries presented by your income-earning activities or even the environment in which are required to work.

Protective uniform includes:

fire-resistant and sun-protection clothes.

safety-coloured vests.

non-slip nurse's shoes.

rubber boots for concreters.

steel-capped boots, gloves, overalls, and heavy-duty shirts and trousers.

overalls, smocks and aprons you wear to avoid damage or soiling to your ordinary clothes during your income-earning activities.

Ordinary clothes (for example denims, drill shirts, shorts, pants, socks, closed footwear) are usually not considered to be protective clothes should they lack protective properties intended for the hazards of the work.

Work uniforms

You are able to claim a deduction for a uniform, possibly compulsory or non-compulsory, which is distinctive and unique for the enterprise you're working for.

Clothes is unique if it's been created and designed exclusively for the business. Clothes are distinctive if it has the employer's company logo permanently attached as well as the clothes are unavailable for the general public.

Compulsory work uniform

This can be a range of clothes that distinguishes you being a staff and the company has a firm enforced policy which makes it mandatory that you wear the uniform when you're at your workplace.

Non-compulsory work uniform

You can't claim costs borne for non-compulsory work clothing unless of course your workplace has registered the design and style with AusIndustry.

Footwear, socks and stockings cannot form a part of a non-compulsory work uniform, nor can just one item for instance a sweater.


You are able to claim the expense of laundry such as washing, drying and ironing eligible work clothes, or getting them dry-cleaned.

Not sure if you are able to claim for your uniform yet? Contact our expert Cranbourne tax agents on 1300 300 106 to find out if you can claim it.

Most financial difficulties nowadays involve unsecured loans which are hard to manage. Credit cards and private financial loans are amongst the financial obligations with the highest rates of interest. In fact, Australian household financial debt averages 130 percent of GDP and this is certainly made worse by the pre-occupation of buying real estate property.

For those who have sleepless nights over credit card balances, there are lots of ways to deal with financial debt. Among the numerous financing alternatives available to you is debt consolidation, a process of combining 2 or more debts in just one that results in a single debt repayment with lower interest costs.

Debt consolidation or refinancing is effective for most individuals – from students with academic loans to professionals with increasing family requirements and business owners establishing their dream businesses. If you are struggling to manage your debts today, you may well be thinking of refinancing. Below are a few points to take into consideration:

Explore your alternatives before refinancing. Speak to your credit provider and try to negotiate a new arrangement. For example, you can apply for hardship variation, prolong your loan period, or postpone your repayments. You may even benefit from switching mortgages, choosing the right mortgage solution, or selling your home.

Many debt consolidation businesses offer attractive solutions, but all of them might not be feasible for your existing financial situation. If you wish to seek help from a debt consolidation company or credit provider, make sure that they are licensed by ASIC. You are able to use the Search on ASIC Connect’s Professional Registers to check for companies as well as other registers.

Recognize the benefits to make the ends meet. As a result of a debt consolidation program, you'll save on monthly instalments as a result of a reduction in rate of interest or perhaps an extension of repayment term. You may also simplify your financial plans by having your debts in just one loan. It spares you against the hassles of trying to keep track on the payment due dates and seeing numbers on separate bills.

Comprehend the risks and think about how these may have an effect on you. Debt consolidation could have a few disadvantages – you could potentially lose an asset, slide back into poor spending habits, and end up repaying a debt a bit longer or fall for dodgy brokers and lenders.

This debt solution will work for you in the long-term if you've got the discipline to manage your spending and adjust your money habits. A credit counselling is usually recommended to make sure that debt consolidation is not just a temporary fix.
The formula for effective debt management is budgeting and establishing financial goals. Rather than creating a big green monster under your bed, make up your mind to pay it off in a wise and efficient way. You will be pleasantly surprised to realize how quickly you are able to knock out your debt. Living free from financial worry is not merely good for your credit score but also for your peace of mind.

Call Tax Accountants Cranbourne at 1300 300 106 for further information.

fast turnaround

mobile service

Individual tax returns from $99 - $120